Tuesday, January 01, 2013

OK this is the blog

Okay. Yeah. This is it. This is where I'm going to blog. From now until I just don't give a shit, which could be tomorrow, or could be ten years from now. Who the fuck knows.

I'm an individual, just like everyone else. I'm a special snowflake, just like all the other snowflakes melting into a blob of dirty ice. I am the captain of my own fate, until the admiral shows up. Quick -- hide the booze!

Seriously, I'm back on Blogger, after an eleven-year somewhat hiatus (kept an emergency blog here for my paid-for, big deal, "ooh I've got a domain name of my very own!" website, kept the archives to other blogs, fucked around). But Blogger has finally gotten kind of okay to use, and I'm also over the need to "brand" myself with domain names and crap. I don't want to be a brand. I don't want to be locked into an identity based on something I thought clever ten years ago. The name of this blog means nothing. The url means nothing. (It's the name of a planet in an obscure Jack Vance scifi novel: Maske: Thaery.) That's not what I want to be important.

My name is Andrea Harris. I'm going to be fifty years old this year. A few months ago, I decided to finally try to be a human being. I'm still learning. This is the chronicle-- oh hell no it's not, it's just a blog. I'll post here on things that interest me and stuff I want to get off my chest in public. It's no big deal.

There were a bunch of other posts here, test posts mostly. I deleted them. You didn't need to know that, this is just a reminder to myself why those posts aren't here any more.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Nice place you've got here. I'll try to update my list before you move again. ;-)